When you have cancer there are a few things that you need to cut out of your diet permanently. There are some foods that are said to feed the cancer cells.and others are just bad for you.
At this point in your health it is necessary to feed your body foods that are nutritious and good for your health. Foods that will strengthen your immunity and help your body fight against the cancer as well as keep you healthy if you are undergoing any kind of medication or cancer treatment.
The things you should avoid are:
- Processed foods –avoid eating food from restaurants and fast food joints. Also avoid eating pre-cooked or semi-cooked foods, including all canned foods.
- Fast foods – fast foods such as burgers and donuts are an absolute ‘no’. They are an unhealthy choice and should be avoided in general.
- Red meat – As far as possible try and avoid red meat especially barbecued and grilled meat.
- Deep Fried foods – Deep fried foods like chips and crisps, nuggets and many others should be avoided. These are very high in carbohydrates besides other unhealthy effects.
- Carbohydrates – A cancer patient should go on a low carb diet. Totally cutting it out is not recommended as it would cause one to become unhealthy. Lowering your intake of bread especially is recommended. Carbs convert into glucose which feeds all the cells in our body including cancer cells.
- Cold drinks or soft drinks – all aerated drinks like Coke, Pepsi, Fanta etc. they are all really bad for your health.
- Canola oil – if you use canola oil for cooking please stop. It has recently been found that this is actually rapeseed oil which was declared unfit for human consumption and by making a few modifications it was named Canola and promoted by the Canadian government on a large scale world wide. This oil is unhealthy. .
- Packaged juices – most of them have little fruit content and are just flavored. They are not very harmful, but they are not good either and it is better to avoid them.
Avoiding unhealthy foods that promote cancer and replacing these with healthy cancer fighting foods is a good initial step. Of course the next step is to add to your diet those foods that will help your body fight the cancer cells.